TITLE: Portfolio Manager
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK or BioCity, Newhouse, UK
SALARY: Competitive salary and benefits package, relative to qualifications and experience
Amphista is a fast-growing UK-based biotech at the cutting edge of Targeted Protein Degradation research to discover new treatments for cancer and other serious illnesses. We are seeking an experienced portfolio manager to join our R&D team to plan, oversee, co-ordinate and track progress across our portfolio of internal and external drug discovery project activities at all phases from project initiation through to clinical entry and beyond.
This role, which can be based at either of Amphista’s research hubs in Cambridge, UK or BioCity Glasgow, UK is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic company developing first-in-class medicines to treat cancer and other areas of high unmet medical need.
- Working at the interface of R&D, operations and finance to maintain up to date portfolio view of all ongoing R&D activities to enable optimal resource utilization to meet R&D priority goals
- Working closely with project teams to build project plans including resourcing & budgetary needs as well as delivery timelines
- Tracking progress of projects across portfolio, working with teams to meet agreed milestones and identify & mitigate risks and potential for timeline slippage to aid decision making
- Working with finance team to ensure project spend is aligned with budgets
- Scenario planning and proposing innovative resourcing solutions to increase the efficiency of delivery of all projects and R&D portfolio as a whole.
- Working with our network of external CRO and academic partners to co-ordinate activities, timings and track progress
- Providing both project-level and portfolio-level summaries and concise reports of the status of the Amphista portfolio to senior leadership and portfolio committees to contribute to effective R&D and corporate strategic planning and decision-making
- Creating regular summaries of project progress and resource/budget utilization to assist programme team and leadership planning
- Presenting updates and proposed solutions to improve delivery of projects and other objectives to range of groups including project teams, R&D & executive leadership and board level
- Strong scientific background through bachelors degree or PhD in relevant area of chemical, biological or computaitonal sciences
- Thorough understanding of the drug discovery process from project initiation and target validation through to candidate selection, pre-clinical and clinical entry gained from working for 3 or more years in a drug discovery/development setting, likely in a pharma or biotech environment.
- Experience providing project management support to successful drug discovery projects achieving milestones from lead identification, candidate nomination, clinical entry and progression
- Expert user of project management software and tools used to collate, analyse, plan and present portfolio & project status
- Experience providing strategic input at R&D portfolio level to allow successful achievement of R&D and corporate goals
- Outstanding communication skills with track record of successfully working with and influencing range of stakeholders including internal R&D teams, external collaborators and executive leadership
- Experience co-ordinating projects run across multiple sites and geographies
- Good understanding of drug discovery & development CRO landscape and ways of working to make CRO collaborations successful
- Proven track record in delivering high business impacting programme/projects
- Experience of managing, allocating & tracking significant budgets
- Must be fun to work with
In addition, it is desirable but not essential that the successful candidate has:
- Formal project management training eg PRINCE2
- Knowledge of early clinical development and experience managing clinical phase projects.
Amphista Therapeutics is a fast-growing biotech and the leading Europe-based Targeted Protein Degradation (TPD) company. Initially founded from the laboratory of Professor Alessio Ciulli (University of Dundee) our team comprises both academic and drug discovery pioneers of the TPD field and a growing R&D team focused on advancing a portfolio of medicines using our proprietary next generation TPD technologies. We recently completed an oversubscribed $53M funding round to allow us to advance our portfolio towards the clinic and greatly strengthen the development of our underlying scientific platform.
Amphista’s approaches use completely novel mechanisms to build on all the advantages of TPD while directly addressing the emerging limitations of existing TPD strategies to expand the utility of the field. In particular, we have shown our approach has the potential to be superior to all other TPD approaches (PROTACs, molecular glues etc) through our unique novel mechanisms giving expanded scope, improved druglike properties and reduced tumour resistance potential. We have a range of projects in the discovery phase, initially focused on oncology with potential to expand into other therapy areas including CNS disease & immunology. Amphista R&D is based in our twin research hubs in BioCity Glasgow, and Cambridge, UK from where we also work with a wide range of global collaborators and CROs.
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter by email quoting ref portfolio0821 to email@example.com